What to Expect During Your Skilled Nursing Stay
Thank you for considering Senior Care Centers for your rehabilitative and post-acute care needs. As your transitional care partner, we are committed to providing you with exceptional service throughout your short-term stay. Our skilled medical teams will work with you to develop a personalized treatment plan that best suits your individual needs.
Meet Your Clinical Team
Our therapy and rehabilitation programs have one focus in mind – helping our patients return home as quickly and safely as possible. Working as a team, our professional caregivers and therapists will meet regularly to discuss your recovery plan and goals. Please feel free to utilize them as a resource during your stay with us. This team includes:
Skilled Nursing Admission Check List
Move-in day at a skilled nursing community can be hectic. To help with your big day, we’ve addressed common questions that many people have before transitioning to a skilled nursing community.
Information and Documents Needed for Admissions
Suggested Clothing and Personal Items for Admission
The following items are recommended to make your short-term stay more comfortable.
NOTE: Laundry services are provided FREE OF CHARGE. Please ask your facility representative for additional details.
What Items Should I Leave at Home?
Wrapping it Up
We understand that choosing a health care provider can be stressful and intimidating. We would like to thank you again for entrusting us with your care and will strive to provide you with the highest quality service available.
Before you go, here’s a quick checklist to see if you have everything you need for your big day. Don’t forget to tick these off:
Even if you only will be in a skilled nursing community for a few days, it’s important to make the most of it while you are there. These tips hopefully will help you prepare for that journey!
Other Useful Information
- Prior to your admission, a Senior Care Centers team member will set up an appointment with you to complete your admissions paperwork and discuss your insurance benefits. This will be your opportunity to ask questions and ensure you understand your benefits and coverage.
- Visits from family and friends are always welcomed and encouraged. Plenty of rest is needed to facilitate healthy recovery so we ask that visitors be respectful of resting patients during nighttime hours.
- Medications will be ordered from the pharmacy once signed physician’s orders are received. Medications are typically delivered within 12 hours, however, emergency medications will be available during this time if deemed necessary.
- Within the first few days of your stay, several members of our team will meet with you to discuss your recovery goals, preferences and to review important information. This team may include the Facility Administrator, Admissions Coordinator, Nurse Managers, Business Office Manager, Director of Therapy Services and your Quality of Life Specialist.
- Senior Care Centers provides ongoing engaging activities throughout the day, so be sure to check the activity calendar often to see what’s going on. Your Life Enrichment Director can also help you find great activities to participate in.