Rehabilitation | Skilled Nursing
Located in Temple, Texas, Senior Care of Marlandwood West provides short-term rehabilitation programs for patients who need to recover after hospitalization, as well as long-term care for those who need the additional support. Along with our medical director and physicians, our team of healthcare experts and professionals will develop an individualized plan of treatment to get you back to the highest functional level possible. We promote independence and choice in our residents’ daily life, while maintaining the best in clinical care.
The Transitional Care unit at Senior Care of Marlandwood West specifically was designed to meet the needs of high-acuity/complex patients. Onsite lab and x-rays are available to conveniently provide necessary assessments without the patient having to transport to another location for those services.
With Senior Care of Marlandwood West, you also will have immediate access to onsite rehabilitation services. Our highly skilled nursing and rehabilitation caregivers are trained to handle intravenous therapy, complex wound care, ventilator care, neurology complications, residential care, as well as other clinically complex conditions. In addition, Marlandwood West has a comprehensive Respiratory Program, providing extraordinary care for pulmonary residents with tracheotomy and vents with 24 hours Respiratory Therapist onsite with onsite ventilator care. The success of our transitional program is in the fact that 80 percent or more of all rehab patients are discharged home within 24 days of entering our program.
Opened in 1969
Accepts Medicare, Medicaid, Insurance and Private Payment options
Short-term rehabilitation program and long-term-care provided
- Individualized treatment program including Physical, Occupational, Speech, and Wellness therapy
- Respiratory Care 24/7
- Nurse Practitioner (NP) available
- Physician’s Assistant (PA) available
- Access to a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Nutritional care options include specialized diets, assisted dining, Total Parenteral Nutrition (TPN) and Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastronomy (PEG)
- Highly skilled wound care management
- WanderGuard® System
- Tracheostomy Care
- Hospice/Palliative Care
- Respite Care
- IV Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Services (500lb limit)
- HIV/AIDS Care
- Joint Replacement Therapy
- Medication Management
- Complex disease management for diabetes, stroke recovery, CHF, COPD and others.
- Private Rooms Available
- Couples Suites Available
- Exciting and engaging activities such as live music, senior dance, church, movie outings, painting courses, bingo, and many more!
- Pet Therapy
- Beauty shop on-site