What is assisted living?
Assisted living communities offer personal care and support as you need it, allowing seniors to enjoy retirement without the hassle of chores. When ready for a little extra assistance, our friendly caregivers can provide care and support with daily tasks such as medication management, housekeeping or getting dressed. Create a vibrant and exciting lifestyle tailored to your individual needs and preferences, all within a community designed for peace of mind.
Empowering today's seniors
The Assisted Living communities at Senior Care Centers are the ideal choice for seniors who want to maintain an independent lifestyle, yet benefit from ongoing care and support. Our caring staff can help with daily tasks such as eating, bathing, dressing, laundry, housekeeping and management of medications. These services are provided in the privacy of one’s own home-like apartment and are aimed at maximizing client independence.
What services does an assisted living facility provide?
Whether lending a helping hand while getting dressed or providing a friendly reminder at meal and medication times, our residents and their loved ones have the confidence and comfort of 24-hour assistance.
- All-inclusive accommodations including water, electricity, dining and housekeeping services
- Assistance with daily activities such as bathing, dressing, meal preparation and grooming
- 24/7 care available by resident caregivers
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner included with stay
- Medication management in coordination with licensed nurses and physician support licensed nurse director
- Optional in-house care including physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, home health, hospice and physician services
- Full-time social director and programming to meet the needs of active seniors
- 24/7 help desk concierge
- Routine apartment checks by request
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- Memory Care also provided at select facilities
If you are looking for care for yourself or a loved one, we can help! Feel free to give us a call anytime or view our interactive map to find a community near you.
Benefits of assisted living
In addition to improving quality of life, Assisted Living can provide a number of benefits as you work to simplify your life in your retirement years. You’ve earned the right to sit back, relax and let someone else handle the details. Here are some of the main reasons we hear from our residents about why they chose assisted living by Senior Care Centers.
- Simplified Household Maintenance – We have full-time maintenance and housekeeping teams that can help ensure your apartment and all your appliances stay clean and in good repair.
- Fun Social Activities – Our communities have dedicated activity teams who plan parties, social gatherings and holiday celebrations. Enjoy fishing? Golfing? Shopping? Our communities have year-round activities planned, and, of course, you always can plan your own adventures!
- Healthcare Assistance – While not a full skilled nursing facility, our
assisted living communities offer different care plans to provide support for everything from dressing and bathing, to medication management, memory care and transportation to physician visits.
- Transportation Options – We offer shuttle services for shopping, physician
appointments and other outings.
- Restaurant-style Dining – Coffee bars, bistros, in apartment delivery and group dining from a menu of delicious choices all can be an option at our community. If you’re not a cook, you never have to prepare a meal or clean up the mess!
- Streamlined Bill Management – Our ALF communities are typically all-inclusive, so you never have to worry about managing multiple utility bills. Care is not included.
- Wellness and Fitness – Want to take a yoga or light aerobics class? We offer a variety of wellness and fitness programs to suit your needs. On-site, fully-equipped gyms and instructors help guide a you and your peers through fun, age- appropriate activities.
What does assisted living cost?
Unfortunately because assisted living prices vary from facility to the next, there is no universal answer. The cost of assisted living will vary depending on your area, room accommodation and what level of care you need. While the price of assisted living may shock first time researchers, it’s important to remember the services and amenities included with the base fee including: 3 meals a day, housekeeping, emergency call system and utilities.
- Average Base Monthly Fee: $3,795*
- Initial Deposit: Typically equal to the first month’s rent
- Additional Care Support: $500-$2500/month
*Average monthly rate provided by Genworth Cost of Care Financial Survey. The information contained on this page is intended for general information purposes only, and should not be construed as legal, financial or professional advice.
What all is included in the cost of Assisted Living?
In addition to your apartment, our base rates include utilities, weekly housekeeping, laundry services, emergency alert systems, complimentary transportation, community events and three delicious meals served daily. Healthcare services are not typically included and may incur a monthly fee. Click here for more information on our different levels care.
Assisted Living Admission Criteria
Prior to admission prospective residents are interviewed in person at either the assisted living community, their place of residence or current medical facility. This assessment is important to ensure that the services offered in our community are appropriate for each resident’s individual needs
- A pre-admission screening will be performed with the potential Resident.
- A Health Exam must be completed 30 days prior to admission or within 14 days after admission with documentation provided of a tuberculosis (TB) screening within the last 90 days.
- In addition, we will need all relevant information regarding the Resident’s current condition, medical history and results of a recent physical, including a full list of medications and dosages that are taken. The primary doctor can provide the most complete list.